Thursday, July 30, 2009

Obama and the Secrets of the Pyramids

Published Week of 23 - 29 July 2009 | Al-Ahram Weekly Online | by Dr. Zahi Hawass

Zahi Hawass gives a detailed description of his meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama and having led him on a tour of the Giza Necropolis:

I have met many famous people at the Pyramids, but I can say that one visit stands out in my mind as one that I really enjoyed -- that of US President Barack Obama.

When he arrived in at the Pyramids, Obama was casually dressed. He was very nice to me from the moment that we first met, and it was truly a pleasant surprise when Rahm Emmanuel, his chief of staff, mentioned to the president my profile that was recently published in The New York Times.


Follow the above link to read the full article. My favorite part is when the President remarks the uncanny resemblance of his own face to the hieroglyphic sign for "upon" (a face head on with protruding ears).

No comments:

Post a Comment