Friday, October 23, 2009

Dig Days: Indianapolis and the Golden Boy

Originally published October 15 - 21, 2009 | Al-Ahram Weekly Online | by Dr. Hawass

Dr. Hawass details the process the traveling Tutankhamun exhibit took across the globe and through the States and describes one hosting city in particular: Indianapolis.

If you haven't experienced this fantastic exhibit, I implore that you visit it at least once. Even though neither his mummy nor his infamous funeral mask are not part of the roaming collection, it is a sight to see. For the utterly Egyptological, you may find yourself gazing for hours at all the featured wonders. It took me a good four hours to get through the entire display of artifacts--and that still wasn't enough for me (my humanness got in the way of exploring more, with ravenous hunger being the thing that tore me away).

No comments:

Post a Comment